Generic drug of Zovirax
Therapeutic class: Dermatology
active ingredients: Aciclovir
2 g tube
Herpes labialis: treatment of primary infection and possible subsequent recurrences.
Because of its mode of action, aciclovir does not eradicate latent viruses. After treatment, the patient will therefore remain exposed to the same frequency of recurrence as before.
Dosage ACICLOVIR HEXAL HEALTH 5% Cream Tube 2 g
- The cream should be applied to the infected lips 5 times a day, about every 4 hours, avoiding night application. Treatment should be started as soon as possible, at the first sign of infection.
- Apply the cream on existing or beginning lesions by overflowing widely around the lesion.
- The treatment should be continued for 5 days. If after 5 days the healing is not complete, the treatment can be continued for another 5 days.
History of hypersensitivity to aciclovir or other components of the cream.
Intraoral or intravaginal application of the cream is not recommended as it may be irritating to the mucous membranes.
Adverse effects Aciclovir Hexal Sante
Some side effects were observed when applying the cream:
- sensations of tingling or burning can follow the application of the cream,
- erythema, pruritus or dry skin,
- contact eczema (due to the presence of propylene glycol). Sensitivity tests have shown that these effects are more often caused by the excipients present in the cream than by aciclovir.