Generic drug of Zovirax
Therapeutic class: Infectiology - Parasitology
active ingredients: Aciclovir
laboratory: Ranbaxy Pharma Generic
Box of 35
Prevention of ocular complications of ophthalmic zoster, in early administration.
Dosage ACICLOVIR RANBAXY 800 mg Tablet Box of 35
- 5 tablets a day spread throughout the day for 7 days.
- Aciclovir should be given within 48 hours of the onset of symptoms.
- In cases of severe immunosuppression, the intravenous form may be preferable.
- In patients with renal insufficiency, the dosage will be adjusted according to the clearance of creatinine and may be:
Clearance of creatinine: Dosage.
. > 50 ml / min: 4 tablets / day.
. 25 to 50 ml / min: Do not exceed 3 tablets / day.
. 10 to 25 ml / min: Do not exceed 2 tablets / day.
. <10 ml / min: 1 tablet / day. In case of hemodialysis the daily dose will be administered after the session.
- History of hypersensitivity to aciclovir, or any of the other constituents of the tablet.
- Do not give to the child before 6 years, because of the risk of false route.
- Breast-feeding: In the case of a serious condition requiring general maternal treatment, breast-feeding should be avoided. In other cases, if possible, prefer the use of local treatment for which breastfeeding is possible.
Aciclovir Ranbaxy side effects
- Some benign rashes regressing at discontinuation of treatment have been described.
- The following events have sometimes been reported:
. Digestive disorders: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
. Neuropsychic disorders: headache, lightheadedness. Neurological disorders sometimes severe and may include confusion, agitation, tremors, myoclonus, convulsions, hallucinations, psychosis, drowsiness, coma have been reported rarely: it is usually renal failure who received doses above the recommended dosage or elderly patients (see section on warnings and precautions for use).
Complete regression is usual at stopping treatment.
The presence of these symptoms should lead to an overdose (see section on overdose).
. Hepatic disorders: Reversible increases in bilirubin and serum liver enzymes have been reported.
. Hypersensitivity and skin reactions: rash, urticaria, pruritus and exceptionally dyspnea, angioedema and anaphylactic reactions.
. Hematologic disorders: exceptional, cases of thrombocytopenia and leukopenia.
. Renal disorders: Exceptionally increased blood urea and creatinine and acute renal failure, especially in the elderly or renal failure if the dosage is exceeded.
. Various effects: cases of fatigue have sometimes been reported.