Generic drug Fucidine
Therapeutic class: Dermatology
Active ingredients: Fusidic acid
laboratory: Arrow Generic
15 g tube
- Skin infections due to Staphylococcus and Streptococcus:
. Impetigo and impetigo dermatitis:
* In local treatment only in localized forms with small number of lesions;
* In local adjunctive treatment in combination with a general antibiotherapy adapted in the most extensive forms;
. Disinfection of cutaneomucous microbial deposits, in healthy carriers of staphylococci, and after staphylococcal disease, including furunculosis.
- Official recommendations regarding the proper use of antibacterials should be taken into account.
Dosage FATTY ACID ARROW 2% Cream Tube 15 g
- Local application with or without dressing, once or twice daily after cleaning the infected surface. Avoid application in a thick layer. Limit the treatment to one week, as an indication.
- The cream form is particularly suitable for oozing lesions, macerated, and folds.
Administration mode :
- Allergies to the antibiotic or to any of the constituents of the excipient.
- Breast Infections: Breastfeeding contraindicated in case of breast infections, due to the risk of absorption of the product by the newborn.
Side Effects Fusidic Acid Arrow
- Possibility of allergic eczema of contact. Eczema lesions can spread remotely from treated areas.
- Possibility of selection of strains resistant to the antibiotic used locally, detrimental to the oral use (later) of the same antibiotic. Nevertheless, most often, resistant strains in vivo become sensitive again after a short latency period.
- Depending on the percutaneous absorption of the product, care should be taken not to treat too long or on too large surfaces, especially in infants (because of immature liver function), because we can not totally rule out the possibility of hepatic adverse effects.