Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Ophthalmology
active ingredients: Dexamethasone, Neomycin
Bottle of 5 ml
- Anti-inflammatory and antibacterial local treatment of the eye:
. in the aftermath of ophthalmic surgery,
. infections caused by neomycin-sensitive germs with an inflammatory component.
- Official recommendations regarding the proper use of antibacterials should be taken into account.
Dosage DEXAGRANE 0, 1% / 340, 000 IU% eye drops 5 ml bottle
1 drop in the inferior conjunctival cul-de-sac:
- severe acute conditions: every hour at the beginning of treatment;
- other cases: 4 to 6 times a day, for an average of 7 days.
Longer treatment may be prescribed under strict ophthalmic monitoring.
- Hypersensitivity to one of the components.
- Herpetic epithelial dendritic keratitis, mycotic keratitis, epidemic viral keratoconjunctivitis at an early stage.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- The use of the product should be avoided in infants.
- Breast-feeding: Breast-feeding is not recommended for patients receiving treatment with oral corticosteroids because these are excreted in breast milk. Administered locally, there is a systemic passage of corticosteroid and therefore a possibility of metabolic repercussions in the newborn.
Dexagrane side effects
- Possibility of transient local irritation: discomfort, tearing, burning, conjunctival hyperemia.
- Risk of cutaneous and / or conjunctival hypersensitivity reaction.
- In prolonged use: risk of cortico-induced ocular hypertension, crystalline opacification, superficial keratitis due to the presence of corticosteroid.
- In cases of corneal or scleral ulceration, corticosteroids may delay healing and promote superinfection.