Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Pneumology
Active ingredients: Dextromethorphan
Bottle of 150 ml
Short-course treatment of dry coughs and irritation coughs in adults (from 15 years old).
Dosage DEXTROMETHORPHANE ARROW Adult 0.2% Syrup 150 ml bottle
RESERVED FOR ADULTS (from 15 years old).
One tablespoonful (15 ml) contains 30 mg of dextromethorphan hydrobromide.
- In adults, the unit dose of dextromethorphan hydrobromide is 15 to 30 mg, the maximum daily dose is 120 mg.
. Take 1 tablespoon per serving.
. If necessary, renew the plug after 4 hours.
. In no case exceed 4 tablespoons per day.
- In the elderly or in case of hepatic insufficiency: the initial dosage will be halved compared to the recommended dosage, and may possibly be increased according to the tolerance and needs.
- The duration of the treatment must be short (limited to 5 days).
- Treatment should be limited to the time of coughing, without exceeding the recommended doses.
This medicine is contraindicated in the following situations:
- allergy to one of the constituents,
- respiratory failure,
- cough of the asthmatic,
- breastfeeding: dextromethorphan passes into breast milk; some cases of hypotonia and respiratory pauses have been reported in infants, after ingestion by mothers of other central antitussives at supratherapeutic doses. As a result, taking this medication is contraindicated during breastfeeding.
- combination with anti-depressants type IMAO.
Due to the presence of sucrose and invert sugar, this drug is contraindicated in case of fructose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome or sucrase-isomaltase deficiency.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
Taking alcoholic beverages and drugs containing alcohol (see interactions) during treatment is not recommended.
Adverse Effects Dextromethorphan Arrow Adult
- Dizziness, drowsiness.
- Nausea, vomiting, constipation.
- Allergic reactions: pruritic rash type, urticaria, Quincke's edema, exceptionally bronchospasm.
- Due to the presence of glycerol, risk of digestive disorders and diarrhea.