Propofan Generic Drug
Therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Dextropropoxyphene, Paracetamol, Caffeine
laboratory: Zydus France
Box of 20
Symptomatic treatment of pain of moderate to intense intensity, or not responding to the use of peripheral analgesics alone.
Dosage DEXTROPROPOX / PARACET / CAF ZYDUS 27 mg / 400 mg / 30 mg Tablet Box of 20
Reserved for adults and adolescents from 15 years old.
- The tablets should be swallowed as is, with a large glass of water, during a meal.
- 1 to 2 tablets per dose. On average 4 tablets a day divided into 2 to 4 doses.
- Do not exceed 6 tablets a day.
- The catches must be spaced at least 4 hours apart, at best 8 to 12 hours.
- In case of severe renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance less than 10 ml / min), the interval between 2 doses will be at least 8 hours.
This medicine is contraindicated in the following situations:
- allergy to paracetamol, dextropropoxyphene or any other component of the drug,
- hepatocellular insufficiency,
- severe renal insufficiency,
- children under 15,
breastfeeding: this medication passes into breast milk; some cases of hypotonia and respiratory pauses have been reported in infants after ingestion by mothers of dextropropoxyphene at therapeutic doses. If you are breastfeeding, taking this medicine is contraindicated,
- association with buprenorphine, nalbuphine and pentazocine (see interactions).
NOT RECOMMENDED :
Associations advised against : alcohol, carbamazepine, enoxacin.
Dextropropox / Paracet / Caf Zydus side effects
RELATED TO PARACETAMOL :
- Few cases of hypersensitivity reactions such as anaphylactic shock, angioedema, erythema, urticaria, skin rash have been reported. Their occurrence requires the definitive discontinuation of this drug and related drugs.
- Very exceptional cases of thrombocytopenia, leukopenia and neutropenia have been reported.
RELATED TO DEXTROPROPOXYPHENE :
- The most common: nausea, vomiting.
- More rarely: constipation, abdominal pain, rash, headache, asthenia, euphoria, minor vision disorders, disorientation, somnolence, dizziness, severe hypoglycemia, cholestatic or mixed hepatitis.
CAFEIN RELATED :
- rare cases of insomnia,
- possibility of palpitations.