Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Cardiology and angiology
Active ingredients: Diltiazem
Box of 30
Dosage DIACOR LP 300 mg Prolonged-release capsule Box of 30
- One capsule a day, before or during meals. The time taken during the day is indifferent, but it must remain relatively constant in the same patient. The capsule should be swallowed with a little liquid.
- Diltiazem 300 mg may be prescribed:
. as monotherapy,
. substituted for another anti-hypertensive,
. associated with other antihypertensives besides verapamil, betablockers; for these, precautions are necessary (see section interactions).
- The capsule should be swallowed without being opened or crunched.
- hypersensitivity to diltiazem,
- sinus dysfunction,
- auriculoventricular blocks of degrees II and III not paired,
- left ventricular failure with pulmonary stasis,
- severe bradycardia (less than or equal to 40 beats per min),
- intestinal obstruction, due to the presence of castor oil,
- combination with dantrolene infusion, cisapride, dihydroergotamine, ergotamine, pimozide (see interactions).
Due to the presence of sucrose, this drug is contraindicated in case of fructose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome or sucrase-isomaltase deficiency.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
Diltiazem hydrochloride is generally not recommended when used in combination with anti-arrhythmic agents and esmolol (if left ventricular function is impaired) in pregnant women or women who may be pregnant. animal showed a teratogenic effect. There is currently no sufficient data on the possible malformative or foetotoxic effect of diltiazem hydrochloride when administered during pregnancy. As a result, the use of diltiazem hydrochloride is not recommended during pregnancy. This element does not constitute the systematic argument for counseling a termination of pregnancy, but leads to an attitude of caution and oriented antenatal surveillance.
Breast-feeding: Diltiazem is found at very low concentrations in breast milk. However, breastfeeding with diltiazem should be avoided.
Diacor LP side effects
- The most frequent, which sometimes lead to the interruption of treatment are: symptomatic sinus bradycardias, sino-atrial blocks, atrioventricular blocks, rashes. The latter are most often localized and consist of simple erythema, urticaria or, exceptionally, desquamative erythema, possibly febrile, regressive at the end of treatment or vasculitis, erythema multiforme, exfoliative dermatitis, acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis, photosensitivity and mucosal gingival hyperplasia.
- The manifestations corresponding to vasodilation (headache, malaise, palpitations, vertigo, flushing and edema of the lower limbs) are dose-dependent, in relation with the pharmacological activity of the active ingredient and occur more readily in the elderly.
These effects are generally infrequent, benign and transient.
- Other side effects are rare and transient: asthenia, drowsiness, insomnia, digestive disorders (dyspepsia, epigastralgia, dry mouth, nausea, constipation or diarrhea) especially due to the presence of castor oil.
- In rare cases of isolated, moderate and transient increases, hepatic transaminases have been observed during the initial period of treatment. Very exceptional cases of clinical hepatitis have been reported, reversible upon discontinuation of treatment.
- Exceptional cases of extrapyramidal syndrome and gynecomastia.