Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Anesthesia, resuscitation, analgesics
Active Ingredients: Glucose, Sodium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Chloride, Sodium Lactate (E325)
Solution for peritoneal dialysis
Pocket (PVC) (+ 3 L PVC drainage bag) of 2500 ml
Peritoneal dialysis treatment of patients with:
- acute renal failure,
- chronic kidney failure requiring dialysis,
- acute intoxication with dialysable substances,
- an imbalance of the water and electrolytic balance (ex: hyperkalemia).
Dosage DIANEAL PD4 GLUCOSE 1.36% Solution for peritoneal dialysis Pouch (PVC) (+ 3 L PVC drainage bag) of 2500 ml
Reserved for the intraperitoneal route .
The dosage, the rhythm and the duration of administration are determined by the prescription according to the clinical state of the patient, on average 3 to 5 daily exchanges of 1500 to 2000 ml.
The choice of the glucose concentration of the solution will depend on the desired fluid loss.
The intraperitoneal route requires the use of a special catheter and a suitable administration kit that allows the connection between the solution bag and the patient's catheter.
It is necessary to warm the solution to body temperature before use.
These are those of peritoneal dialysis appreciated by the prescriber.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
Pregnancy: The risks are to be evaluated by the clinician according to the patient's condition.
Adverse effects Dianeal Pd4 Glucose
Adverse effects of peritoneal dialysis are related to the specific use of the solution and the procedure.
- Effects related to the procedure used: abdominal pain, bleeding, peritonitis, infection around the catheter, blockage of the catheter and ileus.
- Effects related to the use of peritoneal dialysis solution: hydro-electrolytic imbalance, hypo- and hypervolemia, hypo- and hypertension, muscle cramps, and imbalance syndrome.