Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Gastro-Entero-Hepatology
Active ingredients: Loperamide
laboratory: Teva Sante
Box of 10
Short-term treatment of acute passing diarrhea in adults (from the age of 15).
This treatment is a complement of dietary measures.
Dosage DIASTROLIB 2 mg Oral lyophilisate Box of 10
RESERVED FOR ADULTS (from 15 years old).
Initial dosage : 2 lyophilisates, then 1 additional lyophilisate, to be taken after each unmolded stool, but:
· Never exceed 6 lyophilisates per day,
· Never exceed 2 days of treatment.
The oral lyophilisate can be taken either by letting it melt in the mouth (not chew) to get a quick effect or dissolved in a little water (stir and swallow immediately).
· Hyper-sensitivity to one of the compounds
· Acute thrusts of ulcerative colitis (risk of colectasia)
· In cases of phenylketonuria, due to the presence of aspartame (E951).
Diastrolib side effects
· Constipation and / or abdominal distension, associated in very rare cases with an ileus whose risk may be increased if the information on use has not been respected (see section Dosage and method of administration and section Contraindications )
· Abdominal pain, bloating, nausea, vomiting, dry mouth
· Asthenia, drowsiness, dizziness
· Rarely hypersensitivity reactions (including skin rash, urticaria and angioedema) and extremely rarely anaphylactic shock.