Do not hesitate to get vaccinated against the flu if:
- You have a chronic illness, such as heart or lung problems, HIV, chemotherapy or treatment that decreases the immune response.
- You are over 65 years old.
- You are pregnant: vaccination can be done at any stage of pregnancy.
- The entourage of infants under 6 months of age, if they have a serious illness or are born prematurely.
When you are in a risky situation, security sends you a "vaccination voucher", since it is no longer necessary to go to the doctor, you can go directly to the pharmacist for the delivery of the drug, then have the injection done by your usual nurse. In these cases the vaccine is free. If you have not received this famous "good", you must go see your doctor.
It is also recommended to vaccinate:
- Children from 6 months to 5 years especially in case of serious diseases associated.
- Health workers (carer, nursing staff ..)
- People staying in a care facility: follow-up care, retirement homes, whatever their age
Some public or private companies take care of this vaccination especially if you have important activities to do in winter.
In case of symptoms suggestive of influenza:
- Seek medical advice quickly if you have a chronic condition if an infant is concerned.
- Remember to drink enough and do not stay in a hot environment.
Participate yourself in the surveillance of influenza in France!
By registering with GrippeNet.fr (anonymous and voluntary participation), everyone can play a role in influenza surveillance and this will help researchers better understand this winter epidemic! You do not have to be sick to participate. GrippeNet.fr is set up by the network Sentinelles (Inserm - University Pierre and Marie Curie) and the Institute of Health Surveillance.
Follow the flu epidemic
Influenza is an infectious disease that occurs episodically and epidemic each winter. Discover on our map if flu cases are growing near you!Want to react, share your experience or ask a question? Appointment in our thematic FORUMS or A doctor answers you!
Sources and notes- Regional Influenza Surveillance Groups, www.grog.org. Institut Pasteur (influenza viruses).
- Schedule of vaccinations and vaccination recommendations 2013, BEH, April 2013, n ° 14-15.
- Schedule of vaccinations and vaccine recommendations 2016, BEH, April 2016, Special Issue
- World Health Organization "flu", aide memoire, November 2016
- Ameli.fr "vaccination against seasonal flu", October 7, 2016
Update : March 2017 by Dr. Mélanie Gerbaux
The best known remedies for treating colds: True or False?