The treatment of food poisoning depends on its cause. In time, the symptoms related to food poisoning evolve very quickly towards a cure. In people with a non-defective immune system, the complications are exceptional.
However, some bacteria (the most common are: salmonella, Escherichia coli, Clostridium, Campylobacter, Staphylococcus aureus, etc.), can become virulent and lead to complications. The ingestion of certain chemical substances can have different types of complications: renal, cerebral, neurological ...
Sometimes antibiotic therapy is necessary after stool analysis, in case of ingestion of certain bacteria.
In cases of very serious complications, hospitalization may be necessary to treat food poisoning.
In infants and children, as well as in the elderly, food poisoning should not be trivialized because dehydration can be very fast and very serious.
And in pregnant women, complications can be major. In certain circumstances, hospitalization is necessary to treat these people as best as possible.
Test your immune system!
Are you often tired and / or sick? Answer a few quick questions to test the performance of your immune system! I do the test !
Some precautionary measures:
- Potentially safe, the staphylococci that live on your fingers, can become so. In addition, other germs can be on your hands ... Also wash your hands before cooking or eating. Relaw them every time you do something else (open a package, answer the phone ...).
- Do not break the cold chain . A virulent bacterium, Salmonella, is sometimes found in meat, eggs, and preparations containing products containing eggs. It takes a large concentration of bacteria to develop salmonellosis. Be aware that this can happen because the bacteria proliferates very quickly at room temperature.
- Do not use the same towels to clean the worktop and wipe your hands.
- Clean the work surface with bleach or boiling water to kill the germs.
- Do not eat foods stored in tins that are swollen or left open, there is a risk of botulism.
- Consume dairy products purchased in safe places so you do not risk listeriosis.
- Meat consumed raw or undercooked can carry germs. Potentially harmless, meat can be dangerous in immunocompromised people.
- Raw fish (sushi) or seafood may contain viruses or toxins, if they are poorly cooked or poorly preserved. Make sure they come from And better avoid them when you're pregnant.
- Avoid drinking water that may be unsafe in some parts of the world.
- Do not eat any mushrooms without being sure of their safety.
- Wash fruits and vegetables to eliminate toxins from pesticides.
You want to react, to give your testimony or to ask a question? Appointment in our FORUMS or A doctor answers you !
GAVISCON Symptomatic treatment of gastroesophageal reflux
Buy your Gaviscon at the best price with our partner Unooc