In the 6th month of pregnancy, that is to say between 25 and 28 weeks of amenorrhea, you enter the third trimester of your pregnancy.
At 6 months of pregnancy, your belly is already well rounded, and pain or discomfort may begin to appear.
Your future baby is more and more active, and you feel his movements regularly ...
Evolution of the baby at 6 months of pregnancy
What happens to the baby side in the 6th month of pregnancy? Here are the most important elements of its development:
- The fetus weighs between 700g and 1100g, and measures 30 to 35 cm.
- At 6 months of pregnancy, baby sleeps about 18 to 20 hours a day, and moves a lot the rest of the time.
- The sixth month is especially marked by the awakening of the senses: the fetus hears external noises and reacts to its own noises, accelerating its heart rate. The sounds come to him slightly modified because of the amniotic fluid which surrounds it.
- His muscles are refined and his gestures become more precise: the fetus carries the thumb to his mouth, and he discovers the touch.
- Its skin is thicker and covered with a protective white paste called vernix.
- The nails begin to grow.
- The eyelids start to separate and the eyes open.
- The dental buds are in formation.
- The hair and the eyebrows start to grow.
- The lungs continue their development but are not ready to function.
At 6 months of pregnancy, the fetus comes to a term of viability. But if he were born now, he would be subjected to intensive care.
Ultrasounds of pregnancy, week after week:
|«Back to the 5th month of pregnancy||Go to the 7th month of pregnancy »|
Read also :
> Your pregnancy week by week
> Pregnancy and medications: what you need to know!
> At-risk pregnancy
> The premature baby